DeviceMaster ® MOD-2302
Simultaneously connect both serial and Modbus devices to PLCs and/or applications. Or DeviceMaster MOD-2302 brings plant floor device visibility by enabling communications between factory floor serial and Modbus devices, and PLC controllers.
Part Number: 99562-3
- DIN-rail mounting and screw terminal power connections
- Highly flexible and unique Modbus functionality
- Surge protection for serial ports
- Multiple Modbus master and slave types
- Raw/ASCII Serial and Ethernet device support
- Variable power input eliminates need for power converters
- Dual Ethernet ports for daisy chaining network connections between multiple units
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
The DeviceMaster MOD has been designed to meet the demands of today’s increasingly diverse Modbus installations.
Comtrol has developed three unique Modbus firmware applications that provide a wide range of Modbus connectivity. Simple connections or complex Modbus networks, you can do it all with a DeviceMaster MOD.
Highly flexible and robust, the DeviceMaster MOD provides connectivity between a vast array of Modbus controllers and devices. Simplified configuration pages, innovative functionality and informative diagnostic information all make for quick and easy set-up of even the most complex Modbus installations.
- DeviceMaster MOD-2302
- Loopback Plug
- Quick Installation Guide
- Bus Interface Specification 10/100 BASE-T
- SDRAM 8 MB
- Flash 4 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- LED Indicators ETHERNET ACTIVITY, ETHERNET LINK, and STATUS
- Dimensions 4.6" x 3.9" x 1.8"
11.68 x 9.9 x 4.57 cm
- Product Weight 6.5 oz
- DC Input Voltage 6-30V
- Current Consumption +24VDC 85 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 2.0 W
- Power Input Redundancy Dual Redundant Power Input
- ESD Surge Protection Provided minimum of 25KV protection for all serial lines. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -37 to 74° C
- System Off -40 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 6.8 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 49.5 Years
- Connector Type DB9 Male
- Number of Ports 2
- Software Interfaces RS-232
RS-485 4-Wire (Master/Slave)
Baud Rate 300 to 230.4Kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Flow Control Hardware or Software
- Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII to raw/ASCII Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- Modbus/TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII
- Modbus RTU/ASCII (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- Raw/ASCII Data Stream and Command/Response Modes
- Remote Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII
- Network Protocols ARP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, ICMP, Ping, RARP, RFC 1006 (ISO over TCP), RFC 2217, SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP, Telnet, TFTP, and UDP socket services
- Connector TypeRJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- DescriptionPure Modbus, multiple Modbus master and slave types , remote, local, and private devices
- Supported InterfacesPLCs, SCADA systems, HMIs, OPC servers and applications
- Web Page Configuration• Master-to-master connectivity via the Shared Memory sub-system
• Private Modbus serial bus support designed to restrict access to private Modbus devices
• Connectivity from serial Modbus masters to Modbus/TCP networks
• The ability to connect multiple types of Modbus masters to Modbus slave device(s)
• Convert from one form of Modbus, such as Modbus/TCP, to Modbus/RTU or Modbus/ASCII
• Provide connectivity from a serial Modbus master to a remote Modbus slave device
• Eliminate Modbus device ID conflicts and solve device ID configuration problems
• Enable Modbus security by blocking write messages in Read-Only Mode
• Device ID to Modbus/TCP slave via configurable IP address and TCP/IP port
• Modbus Network Bridging support
- DiagnosticsLocal and remote slave device and port specific diagnostic web pages that display status, message response timing, timeout and other error counts, and overall message statistics. A serial log is also included to provide message level diagnosis.
- DescriptionModbus/RTU over Ethernet master(s) to serial slave(s)
- Supported InterfacesOPC Servers and Applications that require Modbus/RTU communication over Com ports or Ethernet TCP/IP connections
- Web Page Configuration• Supports Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to the corresponding serial port via intelligent Modbus message handling and routing.
• Supports only Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to a serial port. For Modbus/TCP functionality, please see the DeviceMaster UP.
• Supports up to six Ethernet TCP/IP connections to each serial port.
• Supports up to 255 Modbus devices per port. Both valid, (1-247), and reserved, (248-255), device ids are supported
• Modbus/RTU specific message handling: ◦CRC verification of all messages received on the TCP/IP and serial interfaces
• Timing out of responses from slave Modbus/RTU devices
• Broadcast message handling on connected port only
• System monitoring to ensure gateway operation:
• Gateway busy
• Application message timeouts
• Combined with a serial port redirector, such as the Comtrol Secure Port Redirector, can support up to six COM port connections to each serial port
- Diagnostics• Modbus device specific statistics, response timing, and status. Up to 255 devices per serial port can be monitored simultaneously.
• Serial port specific statistics and status
• Serial port message logging
- Supported InterfacesPLC, SCADA system, HMI, or OPC Server
- Supported Controllers• Modbus/TCP masters and slaves
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial masters and slaves
• Applications over Ethernet TCP/IP connections (raw/ASCII only)
- Supported Devices• Raw/ASCII devices, both serial and Ethernet TCP/IP, such as barcode scanners, vision systems, RFID readers, weigh scales, encoders and printers
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial slaves
- Recommended Installations• Connectivity to serial and/or Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
• Connectivity to Modbus/RTU and/or Modbus/ASCII serial devices
• Connecting single or multiple Modbus masters and/or applications to the devices
• Automatic Modbus protocol translations (if needed)
- Web Page Configuration• Highly flexible, with an emphasis on Raw/ASCII devices
• Also supports Modbus RTU/ASCII slave devices
• Connect Raw/ASCII devices to Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial controllers
• Automatic protocol conversions and routing
• Connect Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial masters to Modbus RTU/ASCII serial slaves
• Many unique Raw/ASCII handling features
• Simultaneously connect multiple Modbus masters to individual devices
• Modbus message Alias Device ID conversions
- Sample PLC ProgramsYes
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.1 lbs
- Package Dimensions9.25" x 2.5" x 7.25"
"23.5 x 6.35 x 18.42 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99562-3
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A992
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
FCC Part 15 Subpart B: Class A limit
European Standard EN55022
Canadian EMC requirements
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
IEC 60950/EN60950 (RECOGNIZED)
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
Other Regulatory Approvals
European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
NEMA TS2 COMPLIANT
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Part Number: 99562-3
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail email@example.com
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster Universal Protocol family products! View Warranty